Welcome to MississippiOvertimeAttorney.com
Today’s employers care about one thing, profit.
- You work longer and harder and make less.
- You have to work off the clock both before and after your shifts, through lunch, and on weekends and holidays – without being paid overtime.
- More work should equal more pay – but more pay means less profit for the employer.
- So what do employers do? They steal from their employees. One of the most common ways/methods of stealing is not paying employees overtime, agreed upon wages, or commissions. Employers try to get away with tricks like not paying for overtime, paying straight time or “comp. time,” or classifying employees as independent contractors, or telling them they are salaried exempt (or not entitled to overtime). This “wage theft” costs employees around the country millions of dollars a year. And, they will do this as long as often as they can because they think they can get away with it.
You have rights and we can help you fight for your rights:
(1) You have been fired or will be fired and you are trying to find out information about what your rights are and what to do;
(2) something is happening in the workplace- either discrimination, or sexual harassment, or retaliation, and you are not sure what to do or how to protect yourself; and/or
(3) you simply want to learn what your rights are in the workplace so that you can avoid being in a bad situation in the future. Under either scenario, we have put together the information you need to survive and protect yourself in today’s workplace.
Contact us to answer any question for free. And, if we take your case, we do so on a contingency basis, which means we don’t charge you any out of pocket money, whether we win or lose. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
*New FLSA Regulations Have Been Enacted to Protect You*
The Types of Cases We Handle
Labor and Employment law is a very specialized practice area that involves constantly changing laws and pitfalls for lawyers who do not specialize in this area. For nearly ten (10) years, Harland Webster has focused his practice exclusively on personal injury and labor law. In the last ten (10) years of his career, Harland has recovered, either by settlement, or verdict, Millions ($$$$) in damages for people all over the Southeastern United States in cases involving:
- Overtime Claims;
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death;
- Sexual Harassment cases;
- Disability/Americans with Disabilities Act cases (“ADA”); and
- Retaliatory termination cases